Monday, January 26, 2009

Ready to Read?

Keegan has been doing very well at school. He said on the very first day of school that he wanted to learn to read. He has been determined ever since. He already knew the phonetic sounds each letter made, so he was well on his way to reading. He can now sit down and read a very simple beginner book. He is also starting to write little stories. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. He draws pictues and then labels them. He is working hard to sound out words, even if they aren't the correct spelling he has correctly spelled them using the phonetic sounds. For example....he would spell bird "burd" or he tried to do snow mobile the other day and it said "snu beo." I am so proud of him! He is growing up so fast!!!! I can't believe my 4 year old is ready to read.

1 comment:

tscarter7 said...

I am so proud of him! What a joy he is to everyone around him! Love you Keegan Jude!