Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An Ode to 32

Thirty-two, oh, thirty-two
How far away you seemed
when half a lifetime (not long ago)
I was only just sixteen

Thirty-two, can it be true
Your hand reveals my fate?
In the blink of an eye, sixteen more will fly
and I'll be fourty-eight!

Thirty-two, it's me and you
Each year a gift from heaven
And every day is in my hands
to spend what God has given

Thirty-two, you'll pass I'm sure
Never promised there will be more
So, while you're here, let's give a cheer
and hope for sixty-four.

So, thirty-two, you'll get my best
I'm content with what I'm given
I'll live and learn and laugh and love
My life will be worth living

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! We had a great time with your fam last night, thanks for the invitation. I enjoyed your Super Ode to 32, however your line about 48 made me really uncomfortable- when you put it like that, it feels way too close!

Ashley L. said...

Happy belated birthday and congratulations on your handsome little boy! We are SO happy for you guys!!! I am glad we came across your family's blog. We look forward to keeping up to date on your family's happenings! Take care!

God Made Playdough said...

Ang, thanks for your encouragement! I'm glad we're going through this together!