Thursday, January 3, 2008

Episode IV: The Thursday that Wasn't

Today didn't feel like a Thursday at all...in fact, it felt more like a day that didn't even happen. I can hardly remember it even now as I think back over the day. Very weird indeed. Something is amiss. Is it just pure exhaustion or the work of that sinister SuperVillian known as...the UnDay-er?!? (As you know, the UnDay-er's only goal is to make our SuperFamily forget our SuperDay)

In order to resist this evil plot, I am going to do my best to recount the things we did.

What I DO remember is that Truitt finally fell asleep at 3am and slept until around 8am. This is good news, as up until now he wasn't falling asleep until well after 5am. (Which has not been good for my SuperSleepy-Self)

After a lazy morning, we went to SuperWalmart (since we're a Super Family) and got our usual SuperGroceries and other SuperSupplies. (Q-Tips, Mouthwash, Ratatouille DVD...just the basics)

When we got home, we made a SuperLunch during which Keegan spilled orange juice all down the front of himself. (Not so super!) We took off his wet clothes and didn't even bother to dress him for the rest of the day. He was just SuperKeegan in his SuperDiaper until nearly bedtime.

That's when things start to get hazy. I remember that I updated the blog design to include a Super picture of our family. (Hope you like it!) And at one point we received a SuperDinner from one of the ladies at our church with a super pan of Chocolate-Chip/Brownie Cookies. Yum, yum!

We watched Mike Huckabee win the Iowa caucus. (I Like Mike) and that's all that I can remember...

Hmmm...the things that I do remember don't seem to add up to account for an entire day...man life with two kids goes by way too fast. I can hear the UnDay-er's laugh echoing in my mind. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.

5 comments:

Penny said...

I love the picture!

Sarah said...

You're wierd. I can't believe I have to be related to you. (JK) But seriously though, is that header Angela-approved? Were pain meds involved? I guess any woman would be happy to look that good. Maybe I can get my husband to work up a nice avatar for me....

God Made Playdough said...

Love the header! Right away, Rylie said, "That's Keegan!" :)

Ryan said...

Will each entry have a Roman numeral? You know, once you get past 10, those things can get pretty confusing. When I read old books that use those for scripture references, I feel like I need to break out the abacus just to figure out Psalm LXXVIII (which would be Psalm 78). Maybe you should do a post, "Episode CXCVI: Why I Use Roman Numerals and How to Understand Them" :)! All that said, love the blog and the snazzy header.

Christopher Miller said...

I am committed to figuring out how high I can count with Roman numerals. So, we'll see how long it lasts. Did you know the longest Roman numeral is MMMDCCCLXXXVMMMDCCCLXXXVIII (which is 3,888,888)? I wonder how long it will take for me to write that many blog entries?