Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Harvest Time


Keegan and I have been watching our garden grow and blossom. It is fascinating to watch the veggies slowly grow into something that will be edible. We have been keeping an eye on our zucchini and cucumber plants. We have had a few zucchini that were almost ready to pick. I went out to the garden, tonight, and found that those zucchinis had a growth spurt over the last couple of days. I picked 3 good size zucchinis. Keegan and I will be baking with them tomorrow. He is super excited to use the veggies out of our own garden. We also have tomatoes on our plants, but it will be a while before they are big enough to pick (or ripe enough). There's just nothing like produce straight from the garden! :)

2 comments:

Penny said...

homegrown are the best! enjoy your harvest!

tscarter7 said...

I hear you sister! We have tomatoes, corn and beans and already have picked over 2 flats of raspberries and a handful of blueberries! Yum!