Monday, March 10, 2008

Saying Goodbye!

It is so hard to say goodbye to someone you love. My grandfather passed away Thur. night. He was a very special person. He was more than just a grandpa to me. I grew up in single parent household, with my mom and my sister. I never really had any contact with my dad. My grandpa was that special male influence in my life. He taught me so many things, including, driving, how to dive (even though my sister and I broke his toe doing it) and the importance of family. I was privileged to take many trips with my grandparents. I have seen much of our beautiful country with them. One of the most special memories I have with my grandpa is of him walking me down the aisle at my wedding.

I am so glad to have had such an amazing and wonderful man in my life. He will be missed immensely!! It was hard to watch him suffer, but I know that he is in a better place now. What an amazing thought to think of him sitting with our Lord and Savior! One day we will be reunited and I look forward to that day. I love and miss you Grandpa!!!!!

5 comments:

Penny said...

*hugs* Been thinking of you Angela.

God Made Playdough said...

We have been praying for you! Love you!

Candes said...

Thinking and praying for you.

The Shipsters said...

It sounds like you had a really special relationship with your grandpa, and I know it must be hard to say goodbye. But you're right, it's only goodbye for now. We love you, Angela, and will be praying for you and your family.

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry, Angela. I will be praying for you and your family.