Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Give and Take Away

Once again God used music to speak to me. This time he used the same song I blogged about here.

I do feel like I could give up my stuff to follow God. I feel as though this tough time in my life has been a time of reflection to see if I was really willing to give it all away and still remain joyful. I can truly say that I would be ok if we lost everything. That is until I heard these two simple lines again....

Anything I would give up for You
Everything I give it all away

God spoke to me. Am I really willing to give up EVERYTHING? Is there something that I am holding so closely that I am not willing to let go of it? I realized there was. I knew right then and there what it was. Through the tough times I have found myself saying "wow, sometimes I feel like Job." Then I would follow it up by saying "God, just don't take my children!"

Why is it that I could give up all my earthly possessions but somehow I am not willing to trust God with my most cherished blessings? I know that I need to open my palms and give my children to God. He has blessed me with them and they are His.

I don't know if I could say that I would be joyful if God chose to take my children from me. I am struggling with this. Losing my children is the last thing that I want to think about, but I know that God wants me to be willing to give up EVERYTHING. Please pray with me as I wrestle with this. I want to be able to say that I truly would give up EVERYTHING for my God!!!!!

God has used this season of my life to strip me of my pride. I know that all we have is a blessing from God and he can take them away at any moment. I have learned to be content with the here and now. God has proven himself faithful. He is my Jehovah-Jireh. I have become fully reliant on Him. Even though this season has been challenging it has been filled with joy. I would not trade this tough time for anything. I have noticed a change in my spirit that I thank God for it!

No comments: