Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School Boy

Keegan started Preschool today. He was so excited. I can't believe he is old enough to go to school already! The 2.5 hours flew by. It was strange to have a quiet house for that long. Truitt napped the whole time Keegan was at school.

Keegan couldn't wait to show of his box of extra clothes. Daddy decorated it with all of Keegan's favorite animals. It had a dolphin and elephant on one side and a zebra on the other.


After we signed him in at the office he ran right outside and found our friends, who have a boy in 1st grade. They were standing in line outside his classroom. Keegan ran right out to them and yelled "hi guys!" We had to tell him it was time to go to his classroom. He had no fears or anxieties about starting school. In fact, he asked me yesterday.... "Mommy, after you and Daddy take me to school are you going to go home?" I said "yes Keegan and then we will come get you when school is all over." He got the biggest smile on his face. He might as well have said, good I'm glad I will be all by myself. I could tell that he was thrilled to finally be going to school without us.

3 comments:

Penny said...

WTG Keegan! That will be us in 14 days time! I hope Tim will be as confident as Keegan is ;)

God Made Playdough said...

I'm so proud of him!

Keren said...

*tear* where has the time gone?? I will be a total mess when Jake goes to preschool...ahhh I dont want them to grow up! lol :)