Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Keegan!

No, it's not actually Keegan's birthday, but it is his spiritual birthday. Yes, you read that right. Keegan now has a spiritual birthday. Tuesday night as Chris was putting Keegan to bed they were talking about how he needs to be better at obeying. We have been talking about doing the right thing lately. Keegan knows that when he does the wrong thing it is called sin and that it makes Mommy, Daddy and Jesus very sad. He also knows that Jesus took away all our sins when he died for us (on the cross). He then said "Daddy I don't have Jesus in my heart." Chris asked him if he wanted Jesus to be in his heart and he replied "yes!" Chris then helped him pray a simple prayer that went something like this..."Dear God, please take away all my bad things and come into my heart."

Nothing moves me more than to see my precious little boy want to obey Christ. He may not understand the importance of that simple little prayer or what it means to be a follower of Christ, but he will continue to learn and grow in his faith. I cry when I think about the fact that my son will one day be in heaven with us. That is an answer to my prayers and a reason to rejoice!!!!

Feb. 5th will be a very special day in our house! We now have another birthday to celebrate every year!!! :)

8 comments:

Ryan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEEGAN!!!!

God Made Playdough said...

Yay!!! That is so awesome! I'm so proud of him and happy for you guys! He is such a special little boy (I mean big boy!)! Rylie loves her braclets! That was so sweet of him!

Keren said...

Awesome!! What a special day!! :) I loved reading that!!!

Candes said...

That is so awesome! Tucker often tells me "I love Jesus, do you Mommy?"

What a treasure.

Penny said...

I am impressed at his awareness.

Eric said...

That's great! Praise God! Happy, happy birthday, Keegan!

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

That's awesome!

The Elfers said...

I'm so excited to hear that!!! How awesome to get to see some of the fruit of all the hard labor and love you have invested into him. God is soooooooo good!!!!! I think I might cry. (happy tears)