Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Changes

I am trying to make some changes in our diet. I want to be more aware of what we are eating and try to make some healthier choices. I have decided to cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup (as much as possible) among many other things. While doing so, I have found some great (yummy) alternatives. I will try to share some of them as I find them.

We were at Babies R Us last night and I found these great natural lollipops made by Yummy Earth. I didn't feel so bad giving Keegan a treat and we were really surprised at how good they tasted.

4 comments:

Penny said...

good on ya.
Funnily enough after the first few weeks you wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Keren said...

great idea!! Thanks for the referral...its a great alternative...and a great excuse to hit up BRU!! :)

Anonymous said...

We started to give up high fructose corn syrup a couple months ago and were amazed at how many products contain it. Now we are just working our way through the rest of the condiments that have high fructose corn and making sure to not purchase anything new with it.

Anonymous said...

Ah HA! So that's what HFCS means. Oye. I think it's a great idea to cut it out.